Illumination, Medallion IX PDF
Illumination, Medallion IX PDF
Illuminate your path
Reverse appliqué pattern – Hand & Machine directions
(36" x 36" or 56" x 56")
Fill your home with vibrant life and light with Illumination.
Two great options with this medallion with it's bursting design. Make it as a 36" medallion or add the 10" borders to grow the medallion into a 56" lap quilt. Pattern has directions for hand and machine creation for each size.
Making by machine- if you carefully cut the shapes out of the center medallion, you just use these to make the appliqued borders. You won't need any more fabric or borders.
What is a Pattern PDF and how do I print it?
A Pattern PDF is a digital file of the complete pattern instructions and full-size pattern pieces. You will also be emailed Welcome Notes.
After purchase, a link to the Pattern PDF will be sent to you automatically – click the link to get your pattern. This link expires after 24 hours, but we can re-send it to you if you have any trouble. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All pattern booklets are 8.5” x 11” and can be printed on an in-home printer.
The full-size pattern pieces will need to be put on a USB stick and taken to a copy shop that can print in large format.
This will be an additional expense for you. However, a Pattern PDF is priced at 25% off the print pattern price because of this additional expense to you.
Please check in your area that you have a copy shop that can print the pattern for you before purchasing.
This Pattern has two pattern pieces. Patterns print on paper that is: Center Medallion - 36" x 40"; Border and Corner Block - 24" x 37"
If this seems complicated…
All of our patterns are available as Print Patterns as well. Click here to - Return to shop page. Add your selection to your shopping cart and we will mail you an already printed pattern.
Island Batik materials used:
- The 36" x 36" hand example of Illumination uses the Wind & Sea collection- 111609283(top fabric), 111612265(background) and 111608286(binding)
- The 56" x 56" machine Illumination with optional borders, uses their Spring Zing collection- 111614336 (top fabric), 111610335(binding) and from Blenders-BE24-A1(background)
finished dimensions: 36 in x 36 in or 56" x 56"
materials required for 36" x 36":
- background fabric:1 1/4 yards of light fabric*
- top fabric: 1 1/4 yds of medium or dark fabric*
- backing fabric: 1 1/4 yds
- batting: 1 1/4 yds
- binding: 1/3 yard
- for machine applique only: 36 in x 36 in piece of paper-backed iron-on fusible webbing
materials required for 56" x 56":
- background fabric:2 3/4 yards of fabric*
- top fabric: 1 1/3 yds of fabric**
- backing fabric: 4 yds
- batting: 64" x 64"
- binding: 1/2 yard
- for machine applique only: 36 in x 40 in piece of paper-backed iron-on fusible webbing, as per pattern directions
*when making by machine, you can use a dark material for your background fabric and/or a light material for your top.
**when making 56" version by hand, you will need 1 1/2 yards of top fabric to applique the borders.