Lily - Block 1/9 PDF
Lily - Block 1/9 PDF
A Spot Of Summer Cheer
applique and reverse applique pattern - hand and machine directions
(16" x 16")
The first block in the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt series (9 blocks in total to make up a quilt) - Collect all 9 - 16" x 16" blocks and make a quilt.
Lily is a small, lovely project for a first foray into the world of reverse needle-turn applique - perfect for beginning quilters.
Create this block to bring summer into your home all year long. Toss it onto your bed after it's made or keep it in the corner of your living room chair for an added touch of beauty. Or make it as a block to fit into a quilt.
Add the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV Expansion pattern - with an applique wrought iron gate to sash and border your lovely garden of flowers to make the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV.
What is a Pattern PDF and how do I print it?
A Pattern PDF is a digital file of the complete pattern instructions and full-size pattern pieces. You will also be emailed Welcome Notes.
After purchase, a link to the Pattern PDF will be sent to you automatically – click the link to get your pattern. This link expires after 24 hours, but we can re-send it to you if you have any trouble. Just email us at email@example.com
All pattern booklets are 8.5” x 11” and can be printed on an in-home printer.
The full-size pattern pieces will need to be put on a USB stick and taken to a copy shop that can print in large format.
This will be an additional expense for you. However, a Pattern PDF is priced at 25% off the print pattern price because of this additional expense to you.
Please check in your area that you have a copy shop that can print the pattern for you before purchasing.
This Pattern prints on paper that is: 17" x 24"
If this seems complicated…
All of our patterns are available as Print Patterns as well. Click here to - Return to shop page. Add your selection to your shopping cart and we will mail you an already printed pattern.
Pattern includes all three directions for creation.
- Reverse applique by hand
- Reverse applique by machine
- Mix the two for extra 3D effect: reverse applique the stems and leaves, then applique the flowers to make them really pop.
finished dimensions: 16 in x 16 in
- background fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- top fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- if using reverse applique for flowers: add fat quarter or scraps for blossoms
- batting: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in) [for blocks, this is not needed until you stitch the whole thing together]
- for machine reverse applique: you will also need ½ yd (18 in x 18 in) of fusible webbing
- for pillow version: 16 in x 16 in pillow form