Iris - Block 9/9 PDF
Iris - Block 9/9 PDF
Striking Beauty - faith, hope, wisdom, courage
Difficulty: Beginner - Machine, Intermediate - Hand
applique and reverse applique pattern - hand and machine directions
(16" x 16")
The final flower in our series of stencil-styled flowers has bloomed. the Iris! Last, but certainly not least, the ninth block in the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt series has arrived. Collect all 9 - 16" x 16" blocks. Add the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV Expansion pattern - with an applique wrought iron gate to sash and border your lovely garden of flowers to make the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV.
Bring a touch of spring & summer inside.
What is a Pattern PDF and how do I print it?
A Pattern PDF is a digital file of the complete pattern instructions and full-size pattern pieces. You will also be emailed Welcome Notes.
After purchase, a link to the Pattern PDF will be sent to you automatically – click the link to get your pattern. This link expires after 24 hours, but we can re-send it to you if you have any trouble. Just email us at email@example.com
All pattern booklets are 8.5” x 11” and can be printed on an in-home printer.
The full-size pattern pieces will need to be put on a USB stick and taken to a copy shop that can print in large format.
This will be an additional expense for you. However, a Pattern PDF is priced at 25% off the print pattern price because of this additional expense to you.
Please check in your area that you have a copy shop that can print the pattern for you before purchasing.
This Pattern prints on paper that is: 17" x 24"
If this seems complicated…
All of our patterns are available as Print Patterns as well. Click here to - Return to shop page. Add your selection to your shopping cart and we will mail you an already printed pattern.
Iris is a smaller-scale applique project - perfect for beginning quilters and appliquers.
Bring a touch of spring & summer inside. Create this block to fit into a quilt or turn it into a pillow.
Pattern includes all three directions for creation.
- Reverse applique by hand
- Reverse applique by machine
- Mix applique and reverse applique for extra 3D effect: reverse applique the stems and leaves, then applique the flowers to make them really pop.
finished dimensions: 16 in x 16 in
- background fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- top fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- backing (for pillow or wall-hanging versions): ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- 3-colour applique and reverse applique version: add fat quarter or scraps for blossoms
- batting: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in) [for blocks, this is not needed until you stitch the whole quilt together]
- for machine reverse applique: you will also need ½ yd (18 in x 18 in) of fusible webbing
- for pillow version: 16 in x 16 in pillow form